Another cold for Chris. Yes that's right, another cold. It's official, I've been sick more times during my stay here than I have for the past ten years of my life. Wait. Wait. It gets better ladies and gentlemen. Remember when I said I was coming home around May? Mmmmmmm, not looking so good now. The exchange rate from Korean Won to American Dollars took a nose dive into the crapper and I'm am a casualty of that war. Basically,I'd be losing around seven thousand dollars if the rate stays where it is at now. I have faith that it will get better but I think it's going to be a few months until it climbs up again and I just can't bare to part with seven thousand dollars of my hard earned money. I have not been sick every other month to lose seven thousand dollars when I fly home.
So what's my option? Well, I might be staying here until the end of July now. The end of July...it hurts to write it. But it's looking more and more like that is becoming my reality. Lucky for me summers are much more bearable than winters in Korea. With my luck the North will decide to invade and I'll end up in some strange circus where foreigners are forced to entertain the North Koreans. I better brush up on my monologues.
Since this is my year of acceptance I'm going to try not and focus on the negative aspects of staying here longer and concentrate on the positive. Staying that extra three months will allow me to earn more money. It will give my braces more time to remain on my teeth. That's right people, I have braces. I've had them for over a year now! I know what you're thinking. You're thinking "Man, if Chris is that handsome with braces on what will he be like with them off?" I told you, the older I get the better looking I become. Which is a good thing cause I'll be 33 years old the next time most of you see me again. If I returned to the states and my braces were not finished I would have to shell out more money to have them finished in Oregon which I'm sure would have ran me at least two thousand bucks.
I hate money. I do. It's so annoying and it's even more annoying when you don't have any of it. I feel like I would be a very responsible rich person. If I ever come into a lot of money I promise I will use it to better other peoples lives....after I pay off my student loans. Oh student loans, how I hate you so. So that's about all I have at this moment. I'm sick and apparently I'll be in Korea until I'm 66 years old. Naw, it could always be worse right? Life is taking me where it's taking me and there ain't nothing I can do about that. I'll know what's going on for sure by the end of March and I will keep those of you who care posted. I can promise you this though, I will see all of you who want to see me at some point next year, cause if I come home in August I will be back in the U.S. through the New Year. I still need me some Red, White and Blue time. Take care and I'll talk to most of you soon. Skype me!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Just an FYI...you can leave your Korean bank account open for a year and transfer your money later. If you really want to get back to the US.
Post a Comment