Okay. Some people might take this the wrong way but I'm sure the majority of you will understand what I'm getting at. With recent events I'm pressed to ask the question, "What does it take for White People to be labelled as terrorist?" I've been talking to some of my friends around here and other back home about some of the violent acts going on in the United States right now. There's the shameful case of the doctor (that's what he was) who was murdered in his church by a man claiming to be on the side of God and the millions upon millions of unborn children. A man who by the way has not admitted to killing this doctor, even though there were many witnesses to the act. Then there is the case of the old ass man who walked into the holocaust museum, with the intention of killing himself some Jews I imagine, and managed to kill one guard (African-American, Black, etc.) before getting himself capped by two other security guards at the museum.
Besides being white both these men belonged to established influential groups. One was a white supremacist and the other belonged to several different anti-abortion groups. I would say they are "pro-life" groups but that's obviously, not the case. Both crimes are sad and apparently both crimes could have been prevented had people done their jobs and enforced the laws of the United States. I'm going to spend most of my time talking about this Scott Roeder character. He's the guy who shot the doctor for doing what is considered legal in the United States. He's the guy who seems to becoming somewhat of a hero in parts of the anti-abortion community. The reason I'm not going to spend much time on the 88 year old white supremacist dude is because he and his group are more honest about what they are. The don't like Jews, they don't like blacks and they want to live in a country that protects God fearing white people from the savagery of those other folks. I got it. I can roll with that. These men and women are on the losing end of history. They will never succeed in their goals and their time has passed. I know some people believe the "race war" is coming one day but I am not one of those people.
But then there's this Roeder motherfucker. He apparently wants to protect women against themselves. He doesn't care what the law says and he doesn't care about self determination. The groups that he belonged to and the groups that he had contact with get support from all over the country. There are silent supporters in the United States government and I'm sure people are denouncing the act in public and smiling in their private lives. The murdered doctors clinic will not reopen apparently. Which actually means this act of terrorism worked. Roeder and his other anti-abortion people got just what they wanted through their acts of violence. How are they different then the people who blow up airplanes and bring buildings crashing to the earth. Where is the outrage that these acts deserve? Where are our leaders denouncing these acts as "evil" and "cowardly"?
Where are the voices that echo so loud when acts like these are done by someone with a strange name that begins with Muhammad? What does it take for people to fear white men? What does it take for the authorities to start profiling white men with all American features? They have been known to blow up buildings in states such as Oklahoma. They have been known walk into schools and start shooting people while throwing home made bombs all over the place. They have been known to hold the nations highest office and start wars over false information.
Where is the fear when Scott Roeder announces this is only the beginning of such acts? How should we proceed in getting more information from this violent person who has extremist views and shares those views with a larger population of people? During this next political election cycle will it harm someone running for office to say they are against abortion? Will people cringe at these words? Will it hurt someone if it comes out that they gave money to an anti-abortion foundation?
Of course not! And it shouldn't. Just like it shouldn't scare people to find out someone running for office is a Muslim or has Muslim ties. No one will, nor should they ever consider torturing this Scott Roeder motherfucker. Torture is simply unacceptable for all human beings, even Scott fucking Roeder. This is the United States of America and one thing I've learned while being away so long is that I really do live in a great country. We need to hold our countries ideals to a higher standard than they have been. We all have blood on our hands. I have a responsibility to question the choices my government makes and I have a right to point out the mistakes I believe have and are taking place. That is what being an American is all about. So when I bring up the fact that the war in Iraq has cost many more Iraqi's their lives than it has Americans I'm not saying I hate the military, I'm pointing out a fact in which our media and our government doesn't seem to like to talk about. The same is and will be true when things start heating up more in Afghanistan.
So when I ask the question, "What does it take for white people in the United States to get labelled as terrorists" don't laugh it off because it's a serious question that deserves some serious thought. Perhaps in answering this question people might start to see how ridiculous some of our choices have been in the past decade or so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment