Friday, December 5, 2008

A jumble of information

You wanna know what strange is? Strange is sitting on the couch in your own apartment watching a movie at night. But you're not sitting on the couch by yourself, you're sitting on your couch between (that's right...in the middle of) two people who have the hots for each other. These two people have the hots for each other but are way too shy to do anything about it at the moment so you sit there, on your couch, pretending like Fred Claus is an interesting film. Did you wanna watch Fred Claus? No. Did Jessica want to watch Fred Claus? Not really, but she thought Jerry might enjoy it. Has Jerry ever heard of Fred Claus? No. Jerry is Korean and has told you on more than one occasion that he does not watch many American movies. Jessica is from the great state of Tennessee and thinks Jerry is "hot." Jerry is from Gangjin in Jeollanam-do Province. Jerry grew us near a temple making ceramics during his youth and lived in New York for one year during high school. Jerry likes Jessica's nose and her voice. Jerry is also a double black belt in Taekwondo and has been showing Chris some pretty bad ass moves when they go to the gym together. Chris got over confident once with Jerry who is only about 5 feet 6 inches tall but managed to kick Chris in the head. Chris had to tell Jerry that sudden blows to his head could actually kill him. Jerry now only punches Chris in the chest and the stomach when they practice together. Jerry likes Jessica and Jessica likes Jerry whose Korean name is Park Su Bin. Chris is friends with both Jerry and Jessica and that's how Chris ended up spending a very long night in between Jerry and Jessica watching a very bad movie starring Vince Vaughn. Chris told Jerry to get over his Korean shyness and ask Jessica to dinner because there were not going to be any more awkward movie nights at Chris's place. Chris also told Jessica to stop waiting for Jerry to ask her out and ask him if he would like to do something during the weekend. Chris has no love life and gets an odd sense of satisfaction when meddling in the lives of others. Chris will now stop typing like this.

So I got sick again last night. I had a fever and spent most of my night hot and then cold. The thing about my most recent colds is that they do not last very long at all. some only last about a day or so but they come about every two weeks which makes me think that perhaps I'm dying. I have spent way to many nights lately not sleeping and I believe I may be on the verge of a break down. I have worked for 8 days in a row and I am very very tired. This past Sunday I tried to self medicate with Sangria that I made for the Thanksgiving Celebration we all had. I got my hosting skills from my dad which basically means that I never sit down and I'm always making sure everyone has what they need. This resulted in me eating half a plate of food all night while being entertaining as all hell. My room had Sangria and desserts in it. There was a huge cheesecake on my dining room table and I did not get so much as a crumb. Those of you who know my love affair with cheesecake know that me not eating cheesecake when it's available is like ham with no burger! I waited for everyone to leave and then I cried and cried.

My friends wife who I spoke about in the last blog ended up having to go back to the emergency the next night and has since been in the hospital having a series of test run on her. They find out tomorrow if she is going to need to have one or both of her ovaries removed due to damage. When I spoke with her she started crying because even though she didn't think she wanted to have children she does not want that option taken away from her. She is 25 years old going on 50. I really hope she doesn't have to get her ovaries removed. The messed up thing is that having them removed wouldn't guarantee the pain would stop. They are good people and I'm hoping it all works out.

My last little rant will be on the subject of Jesus. Apparently I say Jesus all the time. I say "Jesus" when I'm annoyed. I say "Jesus" when I'm surprised. I say "Jesus" when I'm shocked. Jesus is my word of choice. I've had two South Africans question me on my word usage and I've come to this decision. I have put in the time, the sweat, the blood and the tears to be able to use the word "Jesus" any fucking way I want! Here's the thing, I grew up Catholic. I was an alter boy, I had religion class and I studied that bible and those teachings. Even though I am not a religious man I still remember a lot of what I read because they are pretty good stories. They grab your attention...it's a good read. So after I was told that I shouldn't say "Jesus" I decided to inquire as to why? I didn't get any good answers though. Some people say that you "shouldn't take the Lords name in vain" but I say go fuck yourself. Me saying "Jesus" has nothing to do with you and everything to do with me.

When I was a young lad I remember asking questions in religion class and getting shut down quickly by the teachers. I always had a problem with this image of a God or a Jesus that was so damn angry about everything. "Don't say my name in vain bitches!" I guess I just started questioning the messages I was getting from these human beings about something that should be personal and individual. I was thinking like this at the age of 10. That whole experience resulted in the man you see before you today. A man who uses the word "Jesus" as a verb and a noun and a man who doesn't think "a God" or even "a Gods Son" would ever want to prevent two men or two women from dedicating their lives together under the bond of marriage and love.

No comments: