Well...I guess when you share your dreams and ask for feedback on those dreams the feedback comes a calling. It's amazing what people think having four balls and then having two of those balls removed means. I got some really good insight on the whole four nuts thing. I appreciate the theories and for those of you who didn't share but would like to feel free. I had people respond to me on my facebook page, I got some emails, a couple phone calls and some of you responded directly to my blog. I even got some musical advice from an "anonymous" writer whose words were welcomed, appreciated and oddly familiar...Hmmmmmmm. When you're so far away from friends it really does make you feel good to get messages...even when those messages are testicle related. Some of you even decided to tackle my little Moon and Sun story. I can't say I'm surprised. That thing is loaded with all kinds of shit. I recognized that when I was writing it but I had to get it out after having that dream. It was just so damn vivid and demanded me to put it into print. For those of you who are wondering I think I was a Moon into my mid-twenties and then I became a Sun Moon mixture into my late 20's and when I turned 30. But like I was telling a friend recently, my Moon days are over and I've changed into a total Sun. In relation to the story itself I don't believe anything is wrong with being a Moon, Sun or a young Blue Planet for that matter. Enough about my dreams for now, if I have any more that are that interesting I will be sure to share them.
I had my second run at the ol' orphanage this week. These kids are just dying to have someone love them. In a way, I guess we all are, but these kids are pretty honest and straight forward about it. One little boy just wanted me to hold his hand the entire time I was there, so I pretty much did. I walked around with Park for over an hour. It may have had something to do with the fact that I was the guy with the candy and the stickers. I swear to God stickers are like gold in this country. I wasn't consumed by sadness this time, it was just more a feeling of exhaustion. This world is full of people who need help and so many go without.
I went to Cirque Du Soleil the day after my visit to the orphanage and there were a lot of open seats, probably because it was a Thursday. I love Cirque Du Soleil but I couldn't really enjoy it fully because I kept thinking how much fun those kids would have had at this thing. It seriously would have made their year to see that performance. I'm a big believer in using art as a healing aide and as a spark to light a fire in people. Something like this could let kids like that know that the world is so much bigger than those walls they live in. Life can be an explosion of colors and music dancing to the beat of itself.
I'm gonna figure this out. I'm not trying to save anyone mind you, but some of these kids are curious and I love me some curious kids. I love me some curious people as a matter of fact. It's amazing the things we are willing to spend large sums of money on and the things we don't want to spend any money on. We tend to go "all in" on saving institutions or restructuring another countries way of life to fit our needs, but we wont' give a dime to help people who are in jeopardy of becoming invisible to life. Money is not the be all answer either. I know this. It's the way that we think and our actions that are really going to change the way this world works. What's funny about this whole thing is that I don't particular enjoy being around kids. That's the truth. If I had to pick a career I can't say it would involve working directly with kids all the time. It definitely would not involve teaching kids. I was telling a friend recently who expressed some unhappiness with what she was doing for work that she needs to decide if what she was doing was her job or her career. My theory is simple. People can work a job that they don't like but you should not have a career that you don't like. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do for a career. So if you have a career that you can't stand or don't really enjoy it's probably time to find a new one. Who wants to spend the next 40 years going to a gig they can't stand. That's not what we're here to do...at least that's not what I'm here to do.
Remember my plan to go to India for two weeks before I head back to Michigan for what I've decided will be 11 days (I have not spent that much time back in Michigan since I was a teenager...I'm horrified). Well it turns out that my work will not pay the 600 dollar ticket it would cost for me to go to India from Korea. So my plan was to have the ticket that they legally have to buy when my contract is up and have that ticket be a one way to India. I then was going to buy my own ticket from India back to the US. Well, they are saying they won't do that. They will buy me a ticket that could cost over 1000 bucks to fly me to Michigan when I'm done here but not a ticket that would cost 600 dollars tops? I don't understand this place. Makes no sense to me. So now I gotta figure out what I'm doing. This really messes with my plans to become completely evil by the month of June when I'm back in Portland. I've already started being somewhat evil. When I was at the orphanage I made the kids fight for the best pieces of candy. I also told them I was going to by them each a dog...I'm not! Suckas!!!!!! Kidding folks, kidding.
It's late and it's time for me to go to bed. Here's to not having any more dreams about sacks with two to many balls in them.
I'm always around. Don't forget to vote!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment