First of all I'd like to announce that I spent all of last weekend feverish, in bed, aching all over. It was not fun. I am what the french call "sick." I've had some chest, lung, throat issues for quite some time now actually but it peaked this weekend and took me out. I would like to blame it on my contact with the poor dirty children but I don't think that would be fair. However, as a precaution I will not be going back to that Orphanage and will be requesting a much cleaner Orphanage with better looking Orphans in it. Until this demand is met, I will be with holding my services from the children. I'm feeling a little bit better but I'm not any where close to 100 percent as the french say "that's the way the cookie crumbles."
Now, onto much more important matters. Obama! Look people, in case you have not noticed John McCain and his crew are what the french call "tripp-n." (That will be my last french comment) I have been talking to some people about these last few weeks of the election and how much uglier it's going to get. You got Palin calling Obama a friend of terroists. You have McCain trying to connect Obama's fundraising money to the Middle East. They are both asking Americans to question "who this man really is". You have McCain spokesmen getting crowds fired up by saying Obamas full name (his middle name is Hussein). If you have been able to watch or listen to some of these rallies you can hear people yelling that Obama is a terrorist and recently at one of Palins rallies a person yelled out "Kill Obama". Imagine that, people yelling 'Kill Obama and calling him a terriorist at a McCain rally. I know the secret service has stepped up their security on Obama's ass for these last month until the elections and it would not surprise me one bit if someone tried to take him out. People are losing their shit over this election cycle.
McCain has gone below the gutter so damn quick on this all he has left to do is to call Obama a nigger. I'm not even joking. Why doesn't he just come out and say that shit cause his campaign is pretty much slinging anything they can come up with Obama's way. Now I know some of you might feel like I'm going a little bit overboard but think about all the things they have already called Obama. Think about it. I dont' think I'm off on this one. If they thought it would play positively they would drop the N bomb. This whole fear tactic is ugly and it's not working but it is really pissing me off. I'm actually surprised at how upset I'm getting. And I feel Obamas' pain on this one because he can't really get angry. It's ok for McCain to get angry, which he has done in both debates but if Obama was to get angry it would scare the hell out of the entire country. The limitations on Obama are so great in that regard and I have mad respect (pardon the pun) for him. It is so difficult to remain calm and collected when other people are trying to get you fired up sometimes.
The McCain Campaign is so dishonest that even people like Karl Rove are telling them to calm down. They are playing on old time American fears of "the other" and I really hope it doesn't work this time. I hope we can finally turn the corner in this country and let the sun shine through. We are so desperate for the light right now. It's like the mini-dark ages have been going on over the past 8 years. I honestly can't live in a McCain run United States. I will be so disappointed in the country if this guy wins. I wasn't disappointed when Bush one the first or the second time. I wasn't even surprised, but I will feel something on this one if it all goes to hell. It is so damn important that everybody gets out there and votes. I think this election is going to break records for turn out and that goes in favor of Obama. I've been getting random Obama chants going among the Korean students lately. They like to say his name because of the way it sounds so I get two or three groups to chant it as loudly as they can. It entertains me.
It looks like everything is going to work out for me and I will get to stay here until the end of April. One of my friends who here who was born in Mexico but lives in the states now is starting to teach me Spanish. So maybe I came to Korea to learn spanish. Which may come in handy for me because I have a couple oppurtunites possibly in South America and another one in Spain. But I'm coming home for the summer and nothing is set in stone. Korean is difficult and it's just not going to happen for me so I figured I might as well continue with the ol' Spanish.
The days are getting shorter and the winds are cooling down. Winter is coming to Korea and I have a feeling it's going to be a cold one. I am excited to come home and spend my summer in Portland with a couple of stops here and there.
Don't forget to vote....even if it's for McCain, just vote. To many people had to suffer for the right to vote for us to take it for granted or be overly cynical about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment