Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sun Kil Moon

Okay. I don't want to keep writing blogs in which I discuss testicles but you gotta hear about my dream last night. I had two dreams last night that I can remember. One dream has resulted in a short story I thought of and will share with you shortly. The other dream resulted in me waking up in a cold sweat, grabbing my balls. I will quickly get this ball talk over with. I had a freaking dream that I had FOUR balls last night. It was creepy as hell and just writing that sends a chill down my spine. I had four fucking testes! It was gross, gross, gross! I was playing some kind of sport and I got hit in the nuts. When I went to get check out I had four distinct grapes. I must of had balls on the mind because I blogged about ball cancer and getting my "physical" done by the Korean medical staff recently. It was none the less disturbing and the dream seemed to of lasted for a very long time. In the dream I decided to have surgery to have two of my four balls removed. I was prepped and then they kept me awake when the surgery began. I was actually watching them cut into my sack and remove my balls. It was so realistic I can't explain the horror I felt. Now, for those of you who are grossed out or asking yourself why would I share such a graphic dream with everyone you seriously don't have a clue who I am. Get over yourself it was just a dream and I would actually like some feedback on what the fuck you think that dream means. Four balls? Two getting chopped off? What the hell do you think that represents in my real life? I've gotta clear my head before I go to the Orphanage later today. Can't have balls on the mind when hanging around a bunch of Korean Orphans.

Now, my second dream was obscure and beautiful. It made no sense whatsoever and was like walking through Picasso painting. I was surrounded by dark blue waves of water but I was not getting wet. It actually wasn't water, it was more of a thick gel substance. I looked up into the sky and it was darker than any sky I have ever seen. The stars were few and the only bodies were the sun and the moon. The sun was not bright and the moon was not white. They were sharing the same sky and it was not an eclipse. It was almost like they were dancing together and having a conversation. I woke up after this dream and I had this strange story in my head which I will share with all of you now. I titled it after this band I've been listening to for a while now.

Sun Kil Moon

I know how the universe began. It was not a “bang” that started all we have come to know, it was a song. A simple song, which created itself out of necessity that helped to create life as we know it. If there is a God you cannot find Him, Her or It in the pages of any book. You cannot find God in the body of any living thing on the planet. But, if you listen carefully, if you close your eyes and listen to the wind you just might hear those first notes that started the heart beat of our world. This is not a story about God or the creation of our universe. This is a love story.

The Sun and the Moon, although in different spaces heard the same sound coming from an unknown place. The sound was faint but they both felt the same urgency to move closer to it. It was the Sun who arrived first. It had been traveling for quite some time when it came upon this pulsing blue orb. This was where the sound seemed to be the loudest. This was where the sound became music. The Sun settled above the dark blue glow to listen for a while.

When the Moon arrived the first thing it saw was the beautiful, fiery force of the Sun. It was the first documented case of love at first sight in the history of all history. The Moon stopped dead in its tracks. It was the music that shook the moon from its trance. It was the music that gave the Moon the courage to move closer to the Sun. The Moon settled in so close to the Sun that flames licked at its surface. At this time the Sun and the Moon were the same size. The Sun had been so busy listening to the music and watching the strange blue mass below that it had not noticed the moon at first. But the Moon was known for its patience and it waited in silence.

While the Moon was waiting for the Sun it noticed for the first time the glowing, blue ball below. This was the second recorded case of love at first sight in the history of all history. But this was not like the love the Moon felt for the Sun. This was a protective love, like a parent finding its lost child. The Moon knew that the music had brought it here to watch over this “newness” in the universe. It was then that the Sun, a bit startled, noticed the Moon by its side. For a split second, the music stopped and it was just the Moon and the Sun looking at each other. The music started again and the Sun became noticeably warmer. That had never happened before. The Moon felt the increased heat from the Sun but it made no difference. If need be, the Moon would gladly be consumed by its fire.

The Suns new temperature had a strange effect on the “newness” below. The dark blue color turned into a light blue color. The Moon must have noticed the change below too and accidently bumped into the Sun slightly scorching itself in the process. They circled the “newness” and danced to the music for a long time. During this long dance they shared several kisses. Each kiss poked a tiny bright hole into all the darkness around them. By the time the Sun and the Moon finished dancing the entire universe was littered with distant burning stars. The “newness” had also changed. It was glowing thick with life.

The Sun had grown in size during this dance but the Moon had remained the same. The flames from the Sun had also increased in heat. The Sun knew it would soon be time to leave. The Moon may have been brought here to protect the “newness”, but the Sun was brought here to protect the Moon. At first, the Moon protested the Suns departure but deep down the Moon knew it was time for the Sun leave. For the Moon knew that the “newness” could not reach its full potential if the Sun remained so close. So the Moon and the Sun shared one last dance around the blue planet listening to the beautiful music that had only stopped playing once since they had been together.

The Sun was now burning so bright and was so massive that the Moon knew it would always be able to see the Sun through the darkness. They shared one last kiss and then the Sun left the Moon to watch over the blue planet. The Sun would watch over both of them from a distant place where the music was faint but still beautiful as ever. To this day the Sun and the Moon wait until they can once again dance across the universe together.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well. That is a very nice short story. I think you should make it into a children's book. I'm serious! In fact, I would love to illustrate it(not that I'm a fantatic artist or anything, but it would be fun).

The testes thing... hmm. What could it mean? So you got hit and then they multiplied? I think you need to ask yourself some questions: why you are obsessed with your balls? What do they mean to you? And what would getting hit represent? Why did you choose to have two removed, aesthetics or function? How did you feel about getting surgery to have two removed, sad, determined, relieved? Does it have anything to do with love and heartbreak? Or potential future fatherhood? or manhood? Very interesting.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure this is totally snobby of me, but I think you might benefit from it. Sun Kil Moon is formerly of Red House Painters...a band I think you would really enjoy and that I personally think is better. I hope your testes are okay.